- Implement the recommendations of the Secretary’s Panel on Agricultural Education.
- Work closely with the “Grow Wisconsin” job creation initiative.
- Support research related to agricultural employment and educational needs.
- Mobilize new and innovative agricultural education programs and projects.
- Recommend policies and initiatives to improve agricultural education and workforce development.
- Promote recruitment, training and retention of qualified workers.
- Encourage youth to pursue related careers.
- Serve as an advocate for agricultural workforce diversity.
- Advocate for and promote public and private funding for agricultural education and employee development programs.
- Encourage and facilitate public-private partnerships and coalitions.
- Promote strong agricultural programs in the state educational systems at all levels.
- Support recruitment, training and professional development of agricultural educators and leaders.